Saturday, October 13, 2007

Should my Nieces Speak Goa’uld?

Things I was supposed to do today:
Go for my early morning walk to the beach, climb my rock and watch the sun rise over the bay, swim in the warm, still waters, wander home for a cup of tea on the balcony.
Have a relaxed breakfast and then go back to the beach for a snorkel or a swim or possibly to build sandcastles with my nieces.
Have lunch.
Do the Fort Walk. Haven’t done it since I was about 15 and felt I could use the exercise.
Relax on the balcony with a beer and read my book.

What I did today:
Wake up and realise there was a tropical downpour.
Have tea and wait for downpour to pass.
Have breakfast and wait for downpour to pass.
Play backgammon and cards with my nieces and wait for downpour to pass.
Have lunch and wait for downpour to pass.
Buy a bottle of Vanilla Vodka and shot glasses and spend the afternoon playing a Stargate SG-1 drinking game with Rick, the rules of which are attached.

Jen joined in intermittently, mostly clutching her drink in both hands yelling at the show to do something on the list so she could have a drink. Much to our horror, my nieces insisted on joining in. I told Jen I was going to teach them Blackjack this evening ‘cause I felt gambling was a natural progression from modelling binge drinking all afternoon.

No, they’ve come through it unscathed. They just run around emoting ‘Shal'kek nem'ron’ at people and can only be summoned to dinner with ‘Jaffa kree’ (in Caitlin’s case’ Tokra kree’ ‘cause she’s decided she’s a Tokra and not a Jaffa).

Want more Stargate and scifi fun...it's all on da other blog.

No comments: