Saturday, October 20, 2007

I'm only human now I've sat on my rock

After four days of vomiting and diarrhoea, I finally got to clamber back up to my rock this morning and take a photo of the Bay. Damn those Coronas.

Still, as I lay on my balcony overlooking the waters stretching all the way to the mainland, I reflected that it could have been worse: I could be feeling sick inside a teeny apartment in cold Canberra watching repeats of Doctor Who to pass the time.


Photo: View from my rock. I've been climbing up here since I was about 12. It's my favourite place for contemplation and solitude. It's the one place in the world I will always be at peace.

LRD was very annoyed at me for being sick. He was having a ball drinking Black Rats with Ben and Dad. In fact, here’s a photo of him chilling at the Island. Back to reality and a quick move to Darwin tomorrow.

No comments: