Saturday, October 20, 2007

Will you still love me when I'm 64?

I’ve been back from the island for a whole week now but will keep pretending these blog entries are being uploaded as they were written.

It was Mum’s birthday ‘today’. She’s not very computer literate so will probably never read this. Please no one tell her I published how old she is.

We had a lovely early-morning swim and a BBQ breakfast on the beach, chilled, had Dark and Stormy’s on the balcony in the afternoon and went out to a fantastic dinner at a new restaurant on the Island. Rick, Jen and I scoped it out last week (I had oysters and Atlantic Salmon) and this time I had the Coral Trout. Delicious meal, two bottles of Shaw and Smith and a beautiful Hennesy’s XO Cognac to finish.

I was feeling a bit healthier today after being sick for a few days. At the beginning of my holiday, I said something along the lines of, “I’m not a coeliac so as long as something doesn’t make me sick, I can have it”. This was used to justify my consumption of a carton of Corona with Rick and my preparation to consume another with Dad when he arrived. One flaw: apparently Corona does make me sick, it just took a week to happen. Well, another happy delusion has been stripped away. It was a lovely day and hopefully I’m up to snorkelling again tomorrow.

Oh and yeah, happy birthday Mum.

No comments: