Saturday, January 5, 2008

The morning after the night before

All things considered, I have come through my "first cyclone" relatively unscathed. I didn't even lose power. Tropical Cyclone Helen has passed south of Darwin and is starting to degrade into a Category 1 cyclone. It's expected to become a tropical low later this morning.

Aside from the whistling from the cyclonic winds, last night was uneventful. All I can say is thank goodness for the portable music revolution. I went back to bed about 2am or so and hooked myself up to my MP3 player of unspecified brand. Listening to music, I went off to sleep and didn't wake until my parents rang at 6am to make sure I was still alive.

After the cyclone and my unfortunate moisture problem that caused mould to grow all down one of my walls while I was away over Christmas, I almost feel like a local.

No comments: